Paleo Cumin Rubbed Salmon on Minted Snap Peas and Tomatoes
- Author: Sean
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1.5 tsp ACV
- 1.5 tsp mirin (sub 1.5 tsp water mixed with 1/4tsp sugar)
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped mint
- 2 cups sliced sugar snap peas
- 1.5 cup sliced heirloom tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix the rub ingredients thoroughly and sprinkle over the salmon filets. Let sit for 15 mins.
- Slice the sugar snap peas into chunks about 1/2” (or 1cm)wide.
- Slice heirloom tomatoes into bitesized chunks (roughly similar in size to the snap pea slices).
- Roughly chop the mint.
- Heat a skillet on med-high heat.
- Warm up the BBQ (or skillet or oven for the fish).
- Add olive oil.
- Add sugar snap peas and sauté until soft.
- Place Salmon on the BBQ (or in oven and skillet).
- Add the tomato slices and stir. You only want to warm the tomatoes, not cook so do this for roughly 20 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped mint.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and mirin and toss to coat.
- Remove the salmon filets when done to your liking (ideally it should be 125F internally but the USDA recommends 145F).
- Plate the snap pea, tomato mixture.
- Add a salmon filet to the top.
- Garnish with a leaf or two of mint.
- Add some other grilled veggies to the side if you wish. I chose to add 3 grilled fryer peppers.