Whether you’ve been naughty or nice, this Krampus kickin paleo cranberry sauce is sure to make you a holiday meal hero. It’s made with all natural ingredients and sweetened with raw unpasteurized honey. I can’t get into the health benefits of everything in this sauce, but will when I get a chance. I wanted to get it into your hands now! Just know it is full of nutrients! Put the canned stuff away and give this recipe a go. My only warning is to try to not eat it all from the sauce pan like I did. You may want to double the recipe. I show this served with bacon wrapped dates, you can serve with the turkey of course!!
Uncle Sean’s Krampus Kickin Paleo Cranberry Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups fresh/frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 strips of orange zest (use a potato peeler on the outside of the orange for this)
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- Add all sauce ingredients to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 mins until most of the cranberries have popped.
- Mash the cranberries lightly with a fork or potato masher
- Continue to simmer until thick but pourable off a spoon.
- Remove the orange rind and cinnamon stick