Paleo Chicken Fingers, Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries and Blackberry ketchup
- 2 chicken breasts de-skinned, de-boned
- 2 sweet potatoes
- blackberry ketchup (below)
- 6 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup tomatoes grated on a grater (no skin)
- 1 clove garlic grated on fine holes of grater
- 1 tbsp grated or finely chopped Shallot
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- pinch or two of salt
- make blackberry ketchup per instructions below
- preheat oven to 350F
- on a mandolin with insert roughly 1/8″, slice sweet potatoes into shoe strings
- place on a baking sheet sprayed with oil
- bake in the oven until browning (20-25mins depending on the oven and thickness of potatoes)
- cut each chicken breast into 3 or 4 strips
- add almond flour, coconut flour, and salt to a large ziplock plastic bag
- add cut chicken strips
- shake until completely coated
- heat a skillet on med to med-high heat
- add a small amount of olive oil
- fry chicken on both sides until brown and crispy and internal temperature (on a thermometer) is 165F
- plate with fries and ketchup
- Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan and simmer on med low until thickened.
- Once thick, let cool a bit then put in a small blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy by putting it in your fav foods or just eat it out of the bowl like I do.
- you can sub in precut sweet potato fries if available
- you can sub in regular potatoes if you prefer, but technically this does not follow paleo guidelines (though I think it’s fine and I eat them).