Smoked Paprika Burger with Sautéed Chanterelles on a Sweet Potato Bun
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup chopped chanterelles
Sweet potato buns
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 cup sweet potato
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 cup almond milk
- Makes 8 buns (4 sets)
- Mix all of the burger ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Form into 4 x 1/4lb patties, or 3 x 1/3lb patties.
- Let sit.
- Prepare the Sweet Potato Buns as instructed.
- Chop the chanterelle mushrooms.
- Cook the burger patties to your desired temp and using your desired method (oven, skillet, BBQ, etc.).
- Fry some bacon strips if desired.
- Sauté the chanterelle mushrooms in 2 tsp olive oil until glistening and tender.
- Build your burger as desired using the Sweet Potato Buns.
- Serve with a side of Salad or fries (that might be a lot of potato) and top with the chanterelles, your fave non-dairy cheese (or dairy if you prefer), and whatever other toppings you like.
- Pour an adult beverage.
- Revel in your creation! Don’t revel too long though or your family/guests may eat it all on you before you get a chance to taste it.
Sweet Potato Burger Buns
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Add the almond flour and coconut flour to a bowl.
- Sift the potato starch into the bowl using a sifter or fine mesh sieve.
- Add the sweet potato, baking powder, and almond milk and mix well to combine.
- Place a 4″ ring mould onto an oiled (or parchment covered) baking sheet.
- Scoop about a half cup of the batter into a 4″ ring mould (or other device for making the bun shape) and press the mixture evenly.
- Repeat for all 8 bun halves.
- Place the sheet in the oven and bake until the buns are golden brown (15-20mins).
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the buns cool slightly.