Vegan Protein and Almond Butter Energy Bites
- 360g (2 cups) pitted dates
- 275g (1 cup) almond butter
- 60g (1/2 cup) oats
- 35g (1/4 cup) cacao powder
- 1 scoop Vega
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Make sure all pits are removed from the dates and cut in half or thirds.
- Add the dates to a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add the almond butter, oat, cacao powder, Vega protein, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Process until the mixture starts to stick together (you’ll notice a change in how the mixture sounds and you’ll see it clumping and falling into the blades).
- Scoop out mixture in 1tbsp sized clumps and press and roll between your hands.
- When finished, you can roll them in any coating you like. I used cacao powder here as well as coconut flakes. Be creative and use your faves!
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy as a snack, before exercise, or when you need an energy boost!