Skillet Zoodles with Basil and Meatballs
- Author: Sean
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Method: Skillet
Sauce (not really sauce)
- 400g (2-1/2 cup) grape or cherry tomato
- 100g (1 cup) chopped leek
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- 15g (1/8cup) scallion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Zucchinis spiralized
- 2 tbsp chopped basil for topping
- Slice the cherry/grape tomatoes in half.
- Add the salt, pepper, and sesame oil and toss.
- Set aside to let flavours mix.
- Chop the leek and set aside.
- Add the ground beef to a bowl.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Finely chop the scallion.
- Add all remaining meatball ingredients to the bowl of ground beef and mix thoroughly.
- Form uniform meatballs using a spoon or ice cream scoop, and your hands to press firmly.
- Heat a skillet on med-high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a skillet.
- Fry the meatballs on all sides until brown and cooked (internal temp of 165F).
- Remove the meatballs and set aside.
- Reduce heat on skillet to med.
- Drain most of the fat from the skillet (you can leave a tbsp if you wish for a little beef flavour in the veg).
- Add the leeks to the skillet and sauté until soft.
- Add the tomato and toss until warm (2 mins).
- Remove the tomatoes and leeks from the skillet and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the skillet and heat.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the skillet and sauté for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add the tomatoes back in and toss to mix.
- Add the meatballs back in with half of the basil and toss to mix.
- Garnish the dish with the remaining basil.
- Pour a glass of red wine, plate, and enjoy!